The Bright Blazer


Blazer:  Banana Republic outlet
Tee:  Abercrombie "Dawn" tee in navy stripe (on sale!)  here
Denim: J Brand Skinny Stretch Jeans in Northern Lights (purchased during Nordy's Anniversary Sale) here
Shoes:  Nine West Clarence in white ($27.99 at 6pm.com for sizes left) here
Watch:  MK, Bracelets: Wanderlust & Co Hook Leather Bracelet here, Cartier Love

I loved seeing all of the bright colors in stores and online this spring and summer, and I am not quite ready for this trend to end.  Lucky for me, bright red is still in for fall!  I picked up this gorgeous blazer at the Banana Republic outlet two weekends ago for 50% off + an additional 30% off that made it a whopping $65.  I felt like I was stealing...in a good way.  Banana Republic sizing is usually predictable - and this blazer was no exception.  I generally wear a zero in women's and a 2 in petites.  This was a 2 petite and fits just right.

Here I styled the blazer with my go-to, super-soft stripe Abercrombie tee, JBrand skinnies, and girly Nine West boat shoes for an easy way to brighten up my favorite nautical theme.  This look is simple, classy, and comfortable.  When the weather gets cooler, I can easily swap the flats for riding boots.  My next challenge will be to style this blazer out of my comfort zone...maybe with a print?  More to come on that.

Check out the bright blazers that I have collected below.  I would add any of these to my closet, and these shades are great for fall!

Left to Right:
Tinley Road Bleeker Blazer in canary yellow (I also love the raspberry radiance) at Piperlime ($79) here
Caslon Double Knit Blazer in rust amber combo at Nordstrom ($59) here
Vince Camuto One Button Blazer in red hot (also available in ocean teal) at Nordstrom ($150) here

 


 Left to Right:
Scholarly on Saturday Blazer in blue at Modcloth ($40) here
Berry Professional Blazer in grey/purple at Modcloth (if you aren't ready for 100% bright) ($48) here
Vivienne Tam Long Sleeve One Button Peak Lapel Blazer in Eden at Loehmanns ($45) here

 I hope this post inspires you to add color to your closet this fall with a bright blazer!  Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts