The Mustard Mini

<data:blog.pageTitle />





Jacket:  Kenneth Cole Asymmetrical Zip Hooded Trench (no longer available), similar Gallery Single-Breasted Trench in khaki, $158 at Nordstrom here
Sweater:  Merino V-Neck Sweater in navy, $27.93 (on sale!) at the Limited here
Skirt:  Forever 21, similar "Sun Plus Fun" skirt at Modcloth (looks exactly the same!) for $39.99 here
Boots: Suede Lace-Up Wedge Boots in nut, $128 at J Crew Factory here or very similar Toms "Desert" Bootie in taupe suede, $89 at Nordstrom here
Necklace: "Chain-ging Tides" necklace, $24.99 at Modcloth here
Ring:  H&M, Watch:  Michael Kors
Tote:  Non-branded, purchased from a street vendor in NYC, similar structured tote by Aldo for $55 here

Fall/winter has arrived in Seattle - the steady rain, low clouds, wind, and overall dreariness that will be here until somewhere around July 5th.  I can't complain, though, because we had a wonderful late summer in August and September.  August/September is really the best time to visit if anyone out of state is considering a trip to the Northwest!

Yesterday, I wore this outfit for a double brunch date and shopping.  I paired my mustard yellow mini from Forever 21 with my new navy sweater from the Limited, J Crew Factory suede boots, and my new "Chain-ging Tides" necklace from Modcloth!  The suede boots were were a bold move, but yesterday was mostly cloudy with just a drizzle here and there and it worked out ok.  I love the color of this skirt, and the fabric is a little bit stretchy.  The length makes it a little questionable for work, but I think if I pair it with black or navy tights and boots I can wear it to the office as well.

I purchased my skirt from Forever 21 back in April, and knowing how quickly they sell through styles I was not surprised that I could no longer find it on the site.  However, I did find one that looks exactly the same at Modcloth:

 This skirt is $39.99, and here is the direct link"Sun Plus Fun" skirt

I purchased this Lulu Equestrian Print Sheer Scarf below in navy from Nordstrom online yesterdayI went to the downtown Seattle flagship store after brunch to look at it in person, but they didn't have any in stock.  I think that this will look great with my outfit from yesterday, as well as with denim and neutral sweaters that I already own.

   This scarf is $18, and here is the direct link:  Lulu Equestrian Print Sheer Scarf

 In addition to Nordstrom, I also stopped at Banana Republic to check out their salePretty much everything was 30-40% for new styles, and they had a large clearance section where I found a gorgeous navy/burgundy/khaki striped satin dress for only $23.97!  I don't see it on the site anymore, but I will definitely be showing it off in a post soon.  I love finding bargains! =)

My Sunday afternoon plans are going to be napping and relaxing.  I hope you are also having a wonderful and relaxing weekend, and thanks so much for reading!  

Comments

  1. I love The Limited! I got two of their Merino sweaters last year --one as a Christmas present, the other I waited until after Christmas and it came down to $5. I don't know if I can hold out that long this year!

    I'm your newest follower, btw. Thanks for following me :)

    http://ajourneyintsyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mustard skirt, it's so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yi-chia! I love your outfits too and am getting some great ideas from your blog! =)

      Amber

      Delete
  3. Navy and Yellow are my favorite combo of colors! You look great.

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, you aare gorgeous!
    You look exactly like Amanda Seyfried!! *.*
    Yeeeey for yellow <3 <3

    milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Milna! You are so sweet - and I love your outfits on your blog too! =)

      Amber

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous look,love your necklace
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the mustard and navy color combination! I need more mustard in my wardrobe :)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do mustard as your next Friday Finds post! =D

      Amber

      Delete
  7. Love the mustard and navy combination. You look lovely.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit! Your bag is amazing <3

    XOXO

    fashion-beam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous Amber! Love the mustard on you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts