Travel Log: Napa Valley & Morimoto



 Top: Madewell (old), similar "Silk Roll-Sleeve Top" in romantic coral, $98 at Madewell here
Denim: J Brand "Lovestory" Flares, some sizes available of pure wash, $189 (20% friends and family discount through 4/7/13 with code STYLE20) at Bloomingdale's here
Coat: Burberry London, similar "Long Oversize Resinated Cotton Trench Coat" in malt, $1595 at Burberry here
Wedges: Tahari (old), similar DV by Dolce Vita "Jolt Wedge Espadrille" in natural suede, $59.37 (on sale!) at Amazon here
Tote: Louis Vuitton Neverfull (Stephen Sprouse/Marc Jacobs Roses LE)
Necklace: H&M (old), similar "Peach Gloss Enamel Necklace," $36 at Baublebar here
Bracelet: Conversation Pieces Boutique, check out the "I am a Summer Pirate" bracelet in coral, $22 here
Watch: Michael Kors (old), check out the MK "Slim Runway" watch in gold, $180 at Nordstrom here
Sunglasses: Kate Spade "Lulu" in tortoise/gold, $138 at Nordstrom here

 My boyfriend and I flew down to Napa Valley this last weekend for the wedding of one of his dear college friends.  We made a weekend getaway out of it, staying at the River Terrace Inn and indulging in amazing food and wine.  My outfit for our first day in town was a casual one for walking around town and lunch before the wedding.  Check out the photos below of the amazing dishes we enjoyed at Morimoto Napa:

 Kakuni - ten hour pork belly, rice congee, soy-scallion jus

Rock shrimp tempura- spicy kochujan sauce, wasabi aoli

Morimoto bone marrow - teriyaki sauce, five spices

Chutoro (fatty tuna)

Otoro (fattiest tuna) + tamago on the far left

Kinmedai - golden big eye snapper

Looking at these photos again is making me drool...every dish and piece of sushi was mouthwatering.  Morimoto Napa is definitely a must if you are a sushi lover.

I hope your week is going well so far, and thanks so much for reading!

Comments

  1. Cute outfit, I love your pretty shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napa is such a wonderfully beautiful place.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I never realized how extensive the variety of sushi is! It's like an art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Napa and these sushi dishes are making me want to drive there now!!! I love watching Morimoto on Top Chef! BTW - I am in love your purse!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alice! You should definitely eat at Morimoto if you are ever in Napa. And then let me know what you think. ;)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an awesome weekend -and all that food looks awesome! Love your blouse too :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat sushi but I do love me so wine! That sounds like such a fun trip!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love wine, you have to go sometime! Let me know if you decide to go and want winery recommendations. There are something like 550 wineries in Napa - the choices are overwhelming. =P

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures! I love your outfit especially your top and the food looks delicious!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts